Welcome, parents! Email email@example.com to ask for any resources that would be helpful to you to be put on this website. Thank you for entrusting your students to us! A few times each semester there is a parent email sent to all parents on our distribution list. If you would like to be added to or removed from this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sebastian Commons Newsletter
Happy Monday SebCo!!!
Thanksgiving Break is right around the corner and we wanted to send a reminder about closings during Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, and procedures for Move-Out in December and Room Changes.
If you want to cancel your contract and move out of Housing in December, please carefully read and follow the instructions below. If you are returning to Housing in the spring, there is no need for you to do anything, unless you want to change rooms! You may stay here over the breaks if you are returning as a resident to Sebastian Commons in the spring.
Housing Office Hours
- The Housing Office will be open as normal on November 20th and 21st from 8am-7pm. On the 22nd, there is the possibility that the university may close early since there is no class that day. In the event that the University closes early, the Housing Office will follow suit, otherwise it will close at 5pm. The Housing Office will be closed November 23rd - Nov 24th and will resume regular operation on Monday, November 27th. There will be RAs on duty so if you need anything during that time, you can still contact Housing Staff. Once the Housing Office closes, we will not be accepting mail or packages and we will not distribute packages until we reopen on Monday, November 27th. Please come to the office to pick up packages by Wednesday, November 22nd if you would like them before the break.
- Beginning Monday, December 11th, the Housing Office will only be open Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. The Office will close with the University on Friday, December 22nd. It will remain closed until 8am on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018. From January 2nd until the 12th the Housing Office will be open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. We will be closed on Monday, January 15th, and open on the 16th (first day of the spring semester) and resume our normal office hours (Monday-Friday 8am-7pm, Saturday 4-6pm). There will still be an RA on Call after hours and on holidays.
- For the Thanksgiving holiday, the Lion’s Den Dining Hall and the Food Court in the Campus Center will suspend meals for the break after lunch on Tuesday, November 21st. They will open again on Monday, November 27th for breakfast.
- For the Winter Break, the Lion’s Den Dining Hall and the Food Court in the Campus Center will suspend meals after dinner on Wednesday, December 13th. They will reopen for breakfast on Tuesday, January 16th, 2018.
- The Lion’s Cash portion of your meal plan will continue working at all off campus partner locations.
- If you would like to change your meal plan, please go to my.uafs.edu à Students à Housing Forms and fill out the Meal Plan Change Request Form before Tuesday, January 9th, 2018.
If you want to change rooms and have not already filled out a Room Change Request form, please go to my.uafs.edu à Students à Housing Forms and fill one out. If you have already completed a room change request form, your name was placed on a waiting list and you do not need to fill out any further paperwork. All room change request forms need to be turned in by Monday, December 4th at noon. All room changes will be completed on January 8th, 2018. If you are changing rooms, you will be notified prior to the December move out date but you will not change rooms until January 8th.
Breaking Your Contract by Moving-Out?
If you plan on moving out of Sebastian Commons at the end of the semester for ANY REASON, you must submit a Housing Cancellation Form by noon on Monday, December 4th. For more information about the move-out process, please go to the current residents page.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns! And don’t forget to follow @UAFSSebCo on Instagram or like Sebastian Commons on Facebook for up to date info!
Have a great week!
Sebastian Commons Resident Director
University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
49th St. –SB101
Office: (479) 788-7341
Fax: (479) 424-6341
- Helps prevent kidney stones by keeping your kidneys from working overtime
- It nourishes your skin
- It helps keep your bathroom trips regular
- muscles need it to stay energized (and to function)
Lion's Den Newsletter
Please take a couple of minutes to read this newsletter and respond with any questions you may have. Thank you!
Lion's Den Closing Dates
The Lion's Den does not close for Thanksgiving Break. You are allowed to stay in the Den and come and go as you please.
The front desks will close Tuesday, November 21, at 5:00 p.m., and will reopen Sunday, November 26 at 10:00 a.m. There will be an RA On Duty during break who may be reached by calling the normal RA On Duty number at 479-221-0380
For Semester Break, the Lion's Den will close on Wednesday, December 13, at 5:00 p.m., and will reopen on Saturday, January 13, at 12:00 noon. Any student needing to stay late, come back early, or stay the entire break, should read below. No mail or packages will be delivered during these periods and you will not be able to get packages that were delivered prior to closing.
Take what you need...
For Winter Break, all you need to do is pack up what you need for over the break and be out by Wednesday, December 13, at 5:00 p.m. You will not have access to get back in your room after that time.
You may leave any belongings you choose in your room over the break; just remember that you will not be able to get back to them until Saturday, January 13, at noon!
Need to stay over Semester Break?
If you need to stay later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 13, you must receive written permission from Ricky Harris, your Resident Director.
Residents who stay over the break will be charged $15 per night with a maximum of $300 for the entire break. So, if you stay more than 20 nights, you stop paying after the $300 maximum.
You must complete the Semester Break Stay Form by Thursday, December 7, at 4:00 p.m.
Your request may not be approved, but an approval or denial will be emailed to you by Monday, December 11.
***NOTE*** If you are an Ambassador, in band, are graduating, or you have a late final, there is no charge to stay late, but you must still complete the Semester Break Stay Form.
Campus Dining Hours
The Lion's Den Dining Hall will suspend meals for Thanksgiving Break after lunch on Tuesday, November 21, and resume normal hours on Monday, November 27 for breakfast.
For Winter Break, the Dining Hall will suspend meals after dinner on Wednesday, December 13.
The Lion's Cash portion of your meal plan will continue working at all off-campus partner locations.
Want to change room?
If you would like to change rooms and have not already completed a Room Change Request Form, please do so soon. All requests need to be turned in by Monday, December 4, at 12:00 p.m. All room changes will be completed in January. If you are changing rooms, you will be notified prior to the December move out date but you will not change rooms until January.
Your housing contract is for the entire academic year (through May). If you plan on moving out of on-campus housing for any reason, for more information see the current residents page.
Cancellations forms must be completed by Monday, December 4, at 12:00 p.m.
(For those leaving due to graduation, there is no fee, but you must still complete the Housing Cancellation Form.)